Friday, October 1, 2010

Beauty In the Fall

It was when my heart was wandering. My eyes were half closed, and yet I thought I was searching. Abruptly, I felt like a tree in early Winter that had just lost all of its vibrantly colored leaves, and now they were just broken pieces on the ground being walked on. I felt the bite of the cold air on my bare branches that were my arms trying to reach out. I was convinced I was utterly alone, not realizing I was in a forrest surrounded by trees with bare branches - forgetting that the sun still shines in the winter. "But, where does my help come from?" I wondered. 


I was taken out of my parents home at the age 17. Everything that I thought I knew and everything I thought I had was ripped from my grip. My foundation was cracking and crumbling like a category 5 earthquake. Looking back, that earthquake saved my life. 


Losing everything I thought was real; losing the unsteady ground I so confidently walked upon, is what the Savior allowed to get me to crumble. There I was surrounded by the debris and rubble from my broken life. I felt like I was naked before Him - unable to hide a speck. It felt so freeing to have everything I was out before Him; all the filth, the lies, the hurt, the shame, the confusion. Of all the moments to feel loved, I felt loved then. 


Slowly, but surely, He began to teach me what truth really is. He began to illuminate the areas in me that He loved. and purge all the areas that were darkened by the world. Oh, the pain that comes from such purging and oh, the beauty that comes from such pain. He began to bring the newness of green to those bare branches of mine. The warmth of the Son took that cold chill away and, in that Son, I found a Companion for the rest of my days. Alone I shall never be - because His grace saved this broken me.


.1Peter 6-7.


He has purpose in allowing the trees to be bare for a season - He has purpose in ridding us of who we think we are. 


-If you need prayer feel free to email me.-

3 comments:

  1. I'm a your biggest fan, Beauty. ;) Not out of obligation as your husband or even plain loyalty to you, but because of who you are by way of who He has been and faithfully continues to be in your life. Your testimony will forever bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love you so much Eric. I so appreciate you!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete