Friday, June 24, 2011

Flowers Don't Fight The Dirt

Never underestimate the power of what our Creator is doing, deep under the ground, while the bright green stem is still pushing through the dirt. Be patient, the vibrant colored petals will soon blossom and reveal all that they received while they were still nestled in a bud, deep inside the dark soil.

Have hope.

Just as the soil can enrich the strength of a flower's stem - so our hard times can strengthen the deepest parts of us. There is hope to be had on those dark days; there is purpose, our darkest days can add the most vibrancy to our being.

Find rest.

Flowers don't fight against the soil. They just rest and let the sun draw them out. Tonight, I have found rest in this dark hour - knowing, trusting, that the Son will lift me up.

(I wrote this a couple of months ago on my Facebook account while I was going through a difficult season, I just wanted to share it on here in hopes that it might encourage someone. If you have a prayer request feel free to email me! flynigh@gmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! You praise His name in the midst of trials and He smiles down upon you. You inspire me sis.

    ReplyDelete