Saturday, June 25, 2011

Revived in a Storm

It is so easy to over complicate suffering by forcing our human emotions into the equation. My suffering cannot detract from His goodness - plain and simple.

Sometimes we dismiss how common it is for our human minds to get in the way of trusting and resting in our Father's goodness and sovereignty; preoccupying ourselves with questions and burdening ourselves with doubt. But, He is way bigger than our humanness, greater than our good days, stronger than our bad days, and EVER faithful in our suffering. We serve a faithful King and no trial, burden, hurt, or diagnosis can rid Him of that title.

Jesus can shine in our frailty and be seen so beautifully in our pain. Our suffering is more about Him - than us. It's such a subtle temptation to turn inward when we hurt, forgetting that even suffering can be ministry. Those around us aren't just meant to see Him in us on days when a smile comes easily. But, on days when perhaps those around us can't even see the smile, simply because it resonates so deeply in us - responding to the love the Holy Spirit is breathing into us.

It would be a shame for me to walk away from these past few months thinking that I received such love from family, friends (and even people I have never met in person) because I am just "somethin' special". It would be a crime to think I walked away from my trial with such comfort and peace because I am simply "entitled". He is Who makes me special. He is the Giver of the joy that thrives in me. We are not entitled to any of the goodness we receive on any day. He's just a loving and generous God. We have to look beyond ourselves sometimes, to see just how lovely and faithful He is.

"Oh, how He suffered..." - that thought alone puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment